In 2002, NLVS began its own NLVS Health Education Program, which provides preventative health guidance on topics including diet, nutrition, exercise, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, and domestic violence. Information is delivered in a variety of settings, such as schools, shelters, and free clinics.
Over the entirety of this program, we have helped this many patients through this program.
The program is a multi-disciplinary joint effort of people, including physicians, residents, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, students, and translators
During the 19th century a profusion of charitable organizations emerged to alleviate the awful conditions of the working class in the slums. The Labourer’s Friend Society, chaired by Lord Shaftesbury in the United Kingdom in 1830, aimed to improve working-class conditions.
- Provide long-term campaign planning
- Reduce our long term administration costs
- Remain fiercely independent and unbiased
- Regular updates on what's happening in our priority campaigns
- Invitations to events and other exciting opportunities to take action