After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, NLVS members volunteered in Port Arthur, TX and Biloxi, MS. NLVS raised funds for global disasters as well, including those in Haiti, India, and Uganda. Finally, NLVS has provided health relief in areas such as Honduras and Uganda.
We are currently planning our next domestic trip with a location TBD.
During the 19th century a profusion of charitable organizations emerged to alleviate the awful conditions of the working class in the slums. The Labourer’s Friend Society, chaired by Lord Shaftesbury in the United Kingdom in 1830, aimed to improve working-class conditions.
- Provide long-term campaign planning
- Reduce our long term administration costs
- Remain fiercely independent and unbiased
- Regular updates on what's happening in our priority campaigns
- Invitations to events and other exciting opportunities to take action