One of the largest fundraising events is a Gala held every year to raise funds to support the charitable efforts of our organization. It is an important time for students, physicians, faculty and community members to gather together and celebrate the annual successes and growth of the non-profit organization. Throughout the evening, attendees can participate in a silent auction where they bid on business-donated items to benefit the NLVS organization. In addition to the fundraising part of the event, the Gala is a fun evening with great Indian food, an open bar, and dancing.
During the 19th century a profusion of charitable organizations emerged to alleviate the awful conditions of the working class in the slums. The Labourer’s Friend Society, chaired by Lord Shaftesbury in the United Kingdom in 1830, aimed to improve working-class conditions.
- Provide long-term campaign planning
- Reduce our long term administration costs
- Remain fiercely independent and unbiased
- Regular updates on what's happening in our priority campaigns
- Invitations to events and other exciting opportunities to take action